A child born out of Thailand from a mother of Thai nationality with a foreign father acquires Thai nationality.

But in the case of a child born out of Thailand from a father Thailand Thai nationals with a foreign parent, the only legitimate child acquires Thai nationality.

For the birth Thai father or mother of Thai nationality must register the birth of the child from the Consular Section of the Royal Thai Embassy out of Thailand.

Documents required (original and photocopy of each document)

• Complete copy of the birth of the child
• Family Book French and Thai marriage certificate if the parents
marriage was celebrated by the Thai authorities
• Passport valid Thai parent of Thai nationality
• Identity card of the parent of Thai Thai nationality
• Passport or identity card of foreign parent
• A photo of the child.

Mandatory presence of the parent of Thai nationality


The text above can be used in any official text.
Thai laws are written in Thai and only one official translation may be valid.
Thai laws are constantly changing and the text below for information purposes only.
For more accurate and effective informations, please contact the Thai Authorities.

Related Infos

Access to the property for a foreign

The ownership of land in Thailand is regulated by the “Land Code” ( the cadastre code ) exactly the article ” BE 2497 , 1954″ , by the Civil and Commercial Code , the reform on agricultural land of 1975 ( Act BE 2518 ) , and the Thai Ministry of the Interior . These […]

Work permit

The work permit is mandatory for any foreign national wishing to take up employment in Thailand. It is issued by the Ministry of Labour. It is important to distinguish two types of permits: work permits (work permit) and the business license for foreigners (Alien Business Permit). WORK PERMIT IS BOUND TO TYPE OF VISA An […]

Wedding with thai people

The Thai authorities require a certificate of capacity to marry for the union of a foreigner with a Thai national. This document is issued by the department of civil status of the Embassy of foreigner after making a record. (See documents required) The future spouses must always stand together for the filing of the record […]

VAT refund

All foreign visitors to Thailand can claim the tax refund to the value added provided that it stayed there for less than 180 days in a year, it is not a member of an airline and has carried out the travel by line of an international airport. Conditions for refund The VAT refund applies to […]

Leave a Reply